I bought a book recently at this 2nd hand book store at Funan IT mall.
As usual, my bro n dad were checking out the latest gadgets while my mum n I check out the other stores. I stumbled upon the book store and realised that it has been a really really long time since I've come to this kind of stores and check out some books..
Curious as usual.. I check out all the shelves..
k.. except for the chinese comics and those love story books..
I found my favourite authors.. but most of them I've read and the price not that cheap if i wanna buy and I don't like to rent, I would rather borrow from the library if I were to rent.
Anyway, I started to browse the self-improvement shelves. WOW.. LOADS of BOOKS..
Haha.. seems like singaporeans need a lot of improvement.
It had some really interesting books like body language, communication, business-related stuff and even religious ones.
But suddenly I remembered this series of books called Chicken Soup. I love to read it. It's a collation of different ppl real life stories. I found the series and read the spine of each books, "Chicken soup for the soul", "Chicken soup for the kids' soul"... and the list went on..
One of the books caught my eye "CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SHOPPER'S SOUL"!!!
haha.. knowing that sometimes I can be a mad shopper.. I decided that this is the book I wanna read.. and see whether I can relate to any of the stories.
Paid for it and sat at the DeliFrance to read happily..
I felt a sense of excitement.. to have a feel of a new book and the adventures it would take me.
The world of fantasy and imagination.
I was surprised that I was not very impress with some of the stories but instead.. I was surprised about the quotes that's placed nicely at different pages of the book.
Every quote has a little meaning to what the next story is about or sometimes not related at all but has deep meaning.
I love quotes.. and I used to have this little notebook where I write my own or write something I've heard or read..
So to end this entry, I put in some quotes found in this inspiring book.
"You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy"
--- Garth Brooks
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping"
--- Bo Derek
"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another."
--- Luciano De Crescenzo
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment