Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Disasters everywhere...

Over the PA system, the P asked for teachers to find out any of our foreign students is affected with the recent disasters(Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar & Earthquake in Chengdu)....

As the children hear the announcement, they asked me what is an earthquake and cyclone. Hearing this, I told them in simple context of what these disasters are and how did that happen. The children were amazed by the nature of the disasters. They even asked what can they do to help. I was touched that at such young age, they know how important to show compassion to pple.

Children nv seize to amaze me with their curiousity. How they use their curiousity into something useful and doing the right things. Learning values that will play an important role in their later life.

These are the moments when I'm reminded why I want to teach, esp when times are down and feeling if I have done anything right...

No comments:

Post a Comment